Down Under and Wave Watersports operates daily diving trips with the chance for up to four dives per day during your stay. We are perfectly located in the heart of the Ari Atoll with five of the top ten dive sites in Maldives available to our guests.
We normally do three boat dives a day, two in the morning at 8:00 and one in the afternoon at 2:30. All our dives are guided by one of our experienced multi lingual dive instructors and includes free Nitrox fills for anyone holding the certification.
With our stunning house reef (one of the best in the Maldives) offering the perfect first dive. We offer every PADI dive course from intro to pro and UV night dives all from the comfort of the resort.
Our regular dive boat offers a toilet, shower, refrigerators, espresso machine, tea, fruit plates, living area and sun deck. We have a custom-built gulf craft for speed boat dives and the Escape yacht to dive the world-famous Whale Shark Haven or any other top spot in our atoll aboard our luxury two cabin sailing yacht for a full day or overnight luxury private charter. All of our captains are trained rescue divers with emergency first response and CPR.
The regular shared boat ride to most dive sites varies from 5 to 30 minutes; you'll be leaving at 08.00, make a dive, have a minimum of 1 hour surface interval followed by a second dive. You'll be back at around 12.30 and still have the afternoon to do something else. Some of the top spots are:
- Maalhos Thila -- excellent soft (among the best in the Maldives) and hard corals, abundant fish life
- Donkalo Thila -- excellent soft and hard corals, abundant fish life, many manta rays in the manta ray season*
- Himendhoo Thila -- good soft and hard corals, abundant fish life, many manta rays in the manta ray season*
- Hafsa Thilla - abundant fish life, eagle rays, white tip and grey reef sharks with many schools of fishes
- Manta point
- Maaya Thila -- abundant fish life, sharks (white tip and grey reef), schooling barracuda
- Fish Head -- abundant fish life, eagle rays, white tip and grey reef sharks, turtles and travelly
- Bathalaa Thila -- healthy reef, resident school of batfish and bannerfish, sharks as well.
- Ship wrecks (fesdu wreck, halaveli wreck)
*: the manta ray season runs from December to March, although this is quite variable from year to year.
We also offer our mini – safari; a half day, two dive speed boat transfer to the best sites in the atoll for the dedicated diver willing to go the extra mile for the best dives in our atoll.
The Watersports options at Wave are endless. We have everything from parasailing and jet ski rides to the latest jet boards and seabobs. Our team of certified watersports instructors can teach you everything from wakeboarding to kite surfing. You can enjoy sailing lessons or take up paddle boarding all from the safety and security of our beautiful on-site lagoon stretching from the beach to the edge of the water villas.
Scuba Diving, Freediving, Snorkelling/ Swimming
English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Chinese, Arabic, Norwegian, Russian
Air Fills, Nitrox, Equipment Sales, Scuba equipment rental, Kids equipment rental, Freediving equipment rental, Conservation activities, Dive club, Travel
Staff trained in adaptive support
Onsite classroom, Air Conditioning, Wi-Fi (FREE), Retail Shop, Waterfront location, House reef, Dive boat, Onsite accommodation
6 PADI Instructors
Compass, Wetsuit – shorty, Mask & Snorkel, Camera, Skin suit, Open-heel fins, Full-foot fins, Wetsuit – 3mm, Children sizes, Flashlight, Regulator, Dive Computer, Boots, BCD, Aluminum Cylinders, Steel Cylinders, Large Cylinders (15L / 100 cu. ft.), Small Cylinders (10L / 71.2 cu. ft.)